Principal Law Group is investigating reports that certain Allergan BIOCELL© breast implants may cause anaplastic large cell lymphoma (“BIA-ALCL”), a cancer of the immune system.
The FDA sought a worldwide recall of BIOCELL© implants in July 2019.
If you were implanted with BIOCELL© saline- or silicone-filled breast implants or tissue expanders that have been recalled by the FDA, you may have a claim for relief.
Recalled Allergan Biocell Natrelle and McGhan Breast Implant Styles
- Natrelle Saline breast implant styles 168, 363, 468
- Natrelle and McGhan 410 breast implant styles LL, LM, LF, LX, ML, MM, MF, MX, FL, FM, FF, FX
- Natrelle and McGhan 410 Soft Touch breast implant styles LL, LM, LF, LX, ML, MM, MF, MX, FL, FM, FF, FX
- Natrelle 510 Dual-Gel styles LX, MX, FX
- Natrelle INSPIRA breast implants, styles TRL, TRLP, TRM, TRF, TRX, TSL, TSLP, TSM, TSF, TSX, TCL, TCLP, TCM, TCF, TCX
- Natrelle and McGhan Round Gel Implants, styles 110, 110 Soft Touch, 120, 120 Soft Touch
- Natrelle Komuro breast implants styles KML, KMM, KLL, and KLM
- Natrelle Ritz Princess breast implant styles RML, RMM, RFL, RFM
- Natrelle 150 Full Height and Short Height double lumen implants
- Natrelle 133 tissue expanders with and without suture tabs: styles 133FV, 133MV, 133LV, 133MX, 133SX, 133SV, T-133FV, T-133MV, T-133LV, T-133MX, T-133SX, T-133SV, 133FV-T, 133MV-T, 133LV-T, 133MX-T, 133SX-T, 133SV-T
- Natrelle 133 Plus tissue expander styles 133P-FV, 133P-MV, 133P-LV, 133P-MX, 133P-SX, 133P-SV, T-133P-FV, T-133P-MV, T-133P-LV, T-133P-MX, T-133P-SX, T-133P-SV, 133P-FV-T, 133P-MV-T, 133P-LV-T, 133P-MX-T, 133P-SX-T, 133P-SV-T
On July 24, 2019, Allergan announced a worldwide recall of BIOCELL© following reports that Allergan’s BIOCELL© implants may cause BIA-ALCL. Allergan stated that BIOCELL© implants would no longer be sold or distributed in any market.
According to the FDA, the risk of developing BIA-ALCL from Allergan BIOCELL© textured implants is about six times greater than from textured implants manufactured by other American companies. The FDA has noted that, of 573 cases of BIA-ALCL, 481 (more than 80%) were attributable to Allergan implants, and that, of 33 deaths caused by BIA-ALCL, 12 of the 13 patients for whom the implant manufacturer was known had an Allergan implant when they were diagnosed.
In a letter sent on July 30 to recipients of plastic surgery, Allergan announced that its remedial measures would be limited to providing free smooth-device replacements and partial reimbursement of certain fees. Allergan has not offered to cover medical costs for breast implant revisions—i.e., surgical replacements for the dangerous implants.
Principal Law Group, LLP is a leading pharmaceutical and wrongful death law firm located in Washington DC, near Capitol Hill. PLG works with some of the most highly respected firms nationwide and we will take care in handling your case.
Please call today @ 855-755-4PLG (4754)